Read the entire list below. One of the following will generally fix most printer problems or printer error messages:
Under normal operations, there will always be a slight delay
after you click the "Send Page to Printer" Button in PhotoELF's Print Window.
A one minute delay is not uncommon on slower computers
This delay will be longer or shorter, depending on the following:
- Number of Photos on the Page to be Printed
- More Pictures = Longer Delay
- Size of Each Photo in Pixels
- If you have a slow computer
- Amount of RAM (memory) in your Computer (more is better)
- USB Cable versus Parallel Cable
- USB Cables transmit data faster
Hard Drive Space:
- Make sure your C: Drive has at least 500 megabytes Free
- Print Spooler Files can approach 500 megabytes with many photos on a page
- Open "My Computer"
- Right Click your C: Drive
- Select "Properties"
- This will tell you how much free disk space you have
- Use "Disk Cleanup" to remove temporary files
- More Details on Disk Clean Up
Printer Drivers Out-Dated or Corrupted
Download New Drivers for Your Printer
- Disconnect your Printer Cable
- Uninstall your Printers Software
- Re-Boot your computer
- Re-install your Printers Software
- Re-Connect the Printer Cable
If you recently upgraded to a new Windows Version, your printer drivers need to be updated also.
Each Printer has different drivers for all the different versions of Windows.
Uninstall your printer, Re-boot, and then re-install your printer with the CD-ROM that came with
your printer. This will install the drivers appropriate for your version of windows.
Download new drivers for your printer from your printers website:
Even if you just purchased your printer, it may have sat in a warehouse for over a year and your
printers drivers are probably out-dated. Printer manufacturers update their Printer Drivers often
and allow you to download them for free.
Finally, if problems still exist, Re-Install Windows.
- All programs utilize Windows System Files. PhotoELF does, Your printer does.
- Over time, System Files may be corrupted
- Re-installing Windows, will not destroy your personal data
- Re-Installing Windows will replace your System Files
- This is a good thing.
- You may find that re-installing Windows fixes a lot of other problems too